The summer is an excellent time to immerse yourself in full-time public service work, apply and further develop your skills, gain experience and make a real difference. There are a number of sources of funding for your summer interest work, including:
- Grant funding, stipends and fellowships with non-profit organizations and government agencies: Many sources of funding allow you to secure your own public service position. A small number of funding opportunities are tied to particular organizations.
- Examples of such funding include:
- Fordham Law sponsors at least twelve (12) summer fellowships available to Fordham law students. Click here for detailed information. In addition, many Fordham Law professors may have funding for research assistants during the summer.
- The Venable law firms provides a fellowship to Fordham Law students for Fordham Law students who will do public service work for the summer. Click here for detailed information.
- Honors Programs for work with government agencies.
- A limited number of hourly or salaried positions with public private, public interest law firms , non-profit organizations and agencies are available.
Academic credit may be available for public service internships through the Externship Program.