Fordham University School of Law
140 West 62nd Street
New York, NY 10023
Office: Room 226
- Firearms Law and the Second Amendment: Cases and Materials, (Aspen Press 2011), with Kopel, Mocsary and O'Shea.
- Gun Control and the Black Establishment: Traditional Practice and Policy, the Modern Orthodoxy and the Challenge Post-Heller Policy (forthcoming 2011).
- The Statutory UCC: Interpretive License and Duty under Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code, (In Progress 80 page manuscript).
- The Second Amendment in the States and the Limits of the Common Use Standard, Harvard Law and Policy Review(April 2010) http://hlpronline.com/2010/04/johnson_commonuse/ SSRN Top Ten Download
- Administering the Second Amendment: Law, Politics and Taxonomy, 50 Santa Clara L. Rev. 1263 (2010). Primary Program Material, Federal Bar Council Judges Conference, CLE on State and Local Gun Laws Post McDonald.
- The Public Meaning of the Second Amendment When the Fourteenth Amendment was Ratified, 17 George Mason Law Review 823 (2010), with Clayton Cramer and George Mocsary. Cited in McDonald v. Chicago, SCOUS 2010. SSRN Top 10 Download
- Supply Restrictions at the Margin of Heller and the Abortion Analogue: Stenberg Principles, Assault Weapons and the Attitudinalist Critique, 60 Hastings Law Journal, 1285-1338 (2009). SSRN Top 10 Download.
- Imagining Gun Control in America: Understanding the Remainder Problem,43 Wake Forest L. Rev. 837-891 (2008)
- Taking This Right Seriously, National Law Journal, August 6, 2008
- Self Defense? George Mason L. Rev. (2006).
- A Second Amendment Moment: The Constitutional Politics of Gun Rights, 71 Brooklyn L. Rev. 715- 796 (2005).
- Testing The States Rights Second Amendment for Content: A Showdown Between Federal Environmental Closure of Firing Ranges and Protective State Legislation, 38 Indiana L. Rev. 689-726 (2004).
- The Boundaries of Extra-compensatory Relief for Abusive Breach of Contract, 33 Conn. L. Rev. 181-198 (2000).
- The Intersection of Abortion and Gun Rights, 50 Rutgers L. Rev. 97-197 (1997).
- Plenary Power and Constitutional Outcasts: Federal Power, Critical Race Theory and the Second, Ninth and Tenth Amendments, 57 Ohio State L.J. 1555-1605 (1996).
- Regulatory Takings and Environmental Regulatory Evolution: Toward A Macro Perspective, 6 Fordham Environmental Law Review 557-563 (1995).
- Shots Across No Man's Land: A response to HCI's Richard Aborn, 22 Fordham Urban Law Journal 441-451 (1995).
- EPCRA's Collision with Federalism, 27 Indiana Law Review 549-575 (1994).
- Beyond the Second Amendment: An Individual Right to Arms Viewed Through the Ninth Amendment. 24 Rutgers Law Journal 1-81 (1993).
- There May Be Cracks in the Foundation: An Analysis of Pennsylvania's Current Approach to Legislative Review of Agency Rule-making, 94 Dickinson Law Review 637-664 (1990).