Charles J. Moxley Jr.
Kaplan Fox & Kilsheimer LLP
805 Third Avenue
New York, New York 10022
- Counsel, Kaplan Fox & Kilsheimer, 1994 to date, specializing in federal and state court litigation and arbitration;
- Member, Jones Hirsch Connors & Bull, l987 to 1991, 1992 to 1994;
- Member, Schwartz Klink & Schreiber, P.C., l979-87;
- Associate, Davis Polk & Wardwell, l970-79; and Law Clerk to the Honorable Thomas F. Croake, United StatesDistrict Judge for the Southern District of New York, l969-70.
- Faculty Member, St. John's University School of Law, 1991-92, 1994-1998, teaching courses in Civil Procedure, Evidence, New York Practice, and Professional Responsibility; and Adjunct Professor of Law, New York Law School, l986 to 1991, teaching courses in Professional Responsibility and Law & Literature.
- Extensive experience in managing and conducting complex litigations, including in the securities, insurance, corporate, commercial, construction, commodities, and real estate areas.
Other Professional Positions:
- Chair, Independent Judicial Screening Committee for the selection of candidates for the New York City Civil Court, 1991;
- Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association, l977 to present, presiding over many substantial arbitrations;
- Special Master, New York Supreme Court, l977 to l985, hearing and reporting on and settling a large number of discovery motions;
- Arbitrator, New York Civil Court, l982 to 1991; and Trial Attorney, Legal Aid Society, New York Criminal and Supreme Courts, l973, as part of pro bono program of Davis Polk & Wardwell.
- United States Supreme Court; Second Circuit Court of Appeals;
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals; District Courts of the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York; New York Courts.
Bar Association Activities
- Committee on International Arms Control and Security Affairs of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, l986 to 1989, 1990 to 1993;
- Committee on Constitutional Law of the New York State Bar Association, l985 to l988;
- CPLR Committee of the New York State Bar Association, l977 to l985;
- International Law Committee of the New York County Lawyers’ Association, l98l to l986.
- New York City Law Industry Chair, 1989-92, March of Dimes Walkathon;
- Member, Board of Directors, Lawyers’ Committee for Nuclear Policy, 2000-to date;
- Member, Board of Directors, Lawyers Alliance for World Security, 1991-94;
- Member, Steering Committee, New York Lawyers Alliance for World Security, 1987-1994.
Columbia University School of Law
J.D., l969; Managing Editor, Columbia Journal of Transnational Law; Research Assistant to Professor Wolfgang Friedmann
Fordham University Graduate School
M.A., l966, Russian Area Studies
B.A., l965, Major: Political Science.
More Info: http://www.nuclearweaponslaw.com/