Jennifer L. Bougher
Arent Fox LLP
New York, New York 10019
Job ExperienceJennifer L. Bougher practices law in the Litigation Department at Arent Fox LLP, focusing on complex commercial litigation. Prior to joining Arent Fox, Ms. Bougher was a litigator at Cadwalader,Wickersham and Taft LLP. At Cadwalader, Ms. Bougher served as a member of the arbitration team representing the plaintiff in Sompo Japan Insurance Inc. v. Fortress Re, a massive accounting fraud case in which the plaintiff, a Japanese reinsurer, was awarded $1.2 billion by a three-person arbitration panel.
During law school, Ms. Bougher was a founding member of the Fordham Dispute Resolution Society. Before accepting a summer placement with Cadwalader, Ms. Bougher served as a community associate in the complaint room of the Office of the District Attorney, New York County. More recently, Ms. Bougher has guest lectured on the topic of international arbitration at the annual Center for International Legal Studies conference in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, and has served as a speaker on the topic of experiential learning at the American Bar Association - Section of Dispute Resolution, Legal Educators' Colloquium in Washington, D.C.
EducationJ.D. – Fordham University School of Law
B.A. – Butler University
- Joseph R. Crowley Award for Commitment to Community Service
- John D. Feerick Award for Exceptional Commitment to the Principles of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Dean’s Special Achievement Award for Singular and Distinctive Contribution to the Law School Community
- National Champion, 2002 ABA "Representation in Mediation" Competition
- Chair, Fordham Dispute Resolution Society
- Quarterfinalist, 2001 National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Competition Team
- Quarterfinalist, 2001 William Hughes Mulligan Moot Court Competition
- Staff Member, Fordham International Law Journal