Fordham University School of Law
140 West 62nd Street
New York, NY 10023
Office: Room 336
- The Pension System and the Rise of Shareholder Primacy, forthcoming in 43 SETON HALL L. REV. (2013) [WP download].
- Language, Legal Origins, and Culture before the Courts: Cross-Citations between Supreme Courts in Europe, forthcoming in 21 SUP. CT. ECON. REV. (2013) (with Mathias M. Siems) [WP download].
- Corporate Governance, Corporate and Employment Law, and the Costs of Expropriation, 8 REV. L. & ECON. 457-486 (2012) (with Giulio Ecchia & Piero Pasotti) [WP download].
- Why do Shareholder Derivative Suits Remain Rare in Continental Europe?, 37 BROOKLYN J. INT'L L. 843-892 (2012) [WP download].
- Networks, Dialogue, or One-Way Traffic? An Empirical Analysis of Cross-Citations Between Ten of Europe's Highest Courts, 8 UTRECHT L. Rev. 88-99 (2012).
- Taming or Protecting the Modern Corporation? Shareholder-Stakeholder Debates in a Comparative Light, 7 NYU J. L. & BUS. 641-730 (2011) [WP download].
- Tilting the Balance between Capital and Labor? The Effects of Regulatory Arbitrage in European Corporate Law on Employees, 33 FORDHAM INT'L L. J. 792-857 (2010).
- The Dark Side of Shareholder Influence: The Connection between Managerial Autonomy and Stakeholder Orientation in Comparative Corporate Governance, 50 HARV. INT’L L. J. 129-194 (2009).
- The Transatlantic Divergence in Legal Thought: American Law and Economics vs. German Doctrinalism, 31 HASTINGS INT’L & COMP. L. REV. 295-360 (2008) (with K. Grechenig).
- How the Old World Encountered the New One: Regulatory Competition and Cooperation in European Corporate and Bankruptcy Law, 81 TULANE L. REV. 577-646 (2007) (with L. Enriques); reprinted in 49 CORPORATE PRACTICE COMMENTATOR 653-722 (2007) [WP download].
- Legal Liability of Directors and Company Officials (Report to the Russian Securities Agency), Part 1: 2007 COLUM. BUS. L. REV. 614-799; Part 2: 2008 COLUM. BUS. L. REV. 1-171 (with Bernard Black, Brian Cheffins, Hwa-Jin Kim, Richard Nolan, Mathias Siems & Linia Prava Law Firm).
- Constraining Dominant Shareholders' Self-Dealing: The Legal Framework in France, Germany and Italy, 4 EUR. COMPANY & FIN. L. REV. 491-528 (2007) (with Pierre-Henri Conac & Luca Enriques).
- Subordination of Shareholder Loans from a Legal and Economic Perspective, CESifo DICE REPORT – JOURNAL FOR INSTITUTIONAL COMPARISONS 2007/2, 40-47 (with Jürg Roth).
- Book review of "Political Power and Corporate Control", by Peter A. Gourevitch & James Shinn, THE INDEPENDENT REVIEW, Vol. 12, No. 1, Summer 2007, 142-146.
- The Subordination of Shareholder Loans in Bankruptcy, 26 INT’L REV. L. & ECON. 478-502 (2006) [WP download].
- Regulatory Competition in European Company Law and Creditor Protection, 7 EUR. BUS. ORG. L. REV. 417-453 (2006) (with Luca Enriques); reprinted in THE LAW AND ECONOMICS OF CREDITOR PROTECTION: A TRANSATLANTIC PERSPECTIVE 421-457 (Horst Eidenmüller & Wolfgang Schön eds. 2008).
- The Structure of Regulatory Competition in European Corporate Law, 5 J. CORP. L. STUDIES 247-284 (2005) [WP download].
- Recent development: Judicial Federalism in the ECJ’s Berlusconi Case: Toward More Credible Corporate Governance and Financial Reporting? 46 HARV. INT’L. L. J. 487-505 (2005) (with Mathias M. Siems).