|October 16, 2014 - 15th Annual A.A. Sommer, Jr. Lecture (SEC Commissioner Daniel M. Gallagher, Jr.) >> read more|
|October 21, 2014 - Andrew M. Calamari '85, Director, New York Regional Office of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission >> read more|
|October 30, 2014 - Antitrust Compliance Panel: What You Need to Know Today in Dealing with DOJ >> read more|
The Center has three primary areas of focus:
(1) Convene public lectures, expert panels, roundtable discussions and academic symposia with distinguished speakers and panelists
(2) Showcase the business law scholarship of Fordham law faculty and research affiliates in a wide variety of financial sub-specialties.
(3) Serve as a resource for Fordham Law School students interested in business and financial law and create opportunities for student involvement:
• Connect students with our distinguished alumni through numerous academic and networking events
• Provide active support of several student-run groups geared towards business law
• Facilitate student-practitioner mentorship programs
Fordham Law School is a leading force in legal education today and a research center at the intersection of academic law and practice. The Corporate Center is honored to be recognized for its excellence in the study and teaching of corporate and financial law. Business law faculty tackle today’s most complex economic, political and legal issues that impact global markets. Our location in the business capital of the world and our distinguished alumni afford opportunities to make significant contributions to the corporate world, especially within the financial industry, the practicing New York Bar, and in the realm of academic research.
As the law school prepares its students to enter the legal profession, Fordham Law School is proud to be at the forefront of compliance education providing a well developed set of curricular offerings for both LL.M. and J.D. students. In September 2014 the Center, in conjunction with the Fordham Law Office of International and Non-J.D. programs, welcomed the first U.S. law school class of LL.M. degree candidates in Corporate Compliance. The rise of heightened regulations and expansion of global corporate compliance laws underscores the need for intensive training programs for legal and non-legal compliance professionals to help corporations parse through new laws and avoid violations. The Corporate Center and the Fordham Gabelli Graduate School of Business offer such trainings for junior compliance professionals and audit and risk management professionals through the Corporate Compliance Institute, granting participants a certificate upon completion.
You can follow and connect with the Center, access archival materials, and link to recent business law faculty scholarship:
· Webpage: www.law.fordham.edu/corporatecenter
· Blog: Fordham Corporate Law Forum
· Corporate Law Center Facebook Page
· Fordham Journal of Corporate & Financial Law LinkedIn Page
· Twitter: @fordhamcorpcntr