263 Westchester Avenue
Pound Ridge, New York 10576
- Arthur J. Heath is a consultant on law and business involving countries of the former Soviet Union, most recently advising on the development of a mortgage-backed securities market in Ukraine. From 1995 to 2004 he was Vice President and Assistant General Counsel of JPMorgan Chase, where he was responsible for all of its Russian legal affairs. From 1987 to 1995 he represented Chemical Bank and its predecessor Manufacturers Hanover Trust Co. in legal matters relating to international investment and finance, particularly in the emerging markets. Prior to 1987 he was a partner in the New York firm of Rogers Hoge & Hills, where he represented major corporations from a wide range of non-financial industries in their securities, corporate and commercial transactions.
- Mr. Heath speaks and writes Russian fluently as well as working in a number of other foreign languages. He is a member of the New York and Massachusetts Bar.
- A frequent speaker at conferences and seminars in the U.S. and the Russian Federation, Mr. Heath is a co-author of Osnovy gosudarstvennogo regulirovania finansovogo rynka (Fundamentals of Government Regulation of the Financial Market) and Pravovye osnovy bankovskoi deiatel'nosti (The Legal Fundamentals of Banking), published in Moscow in 2003 and 1995, respectively. In 2001 he was named to the arbitration panel of the Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange and is a recipient of the Femida award of the Moscow Lawyers' Club. Mr. Heath is a former member of the Executive Committee of the Business Law Section of the New York State Bar Association and since 1986 has been a member of the TriBar Opinion Committee.
- Commercial Drafting LLM Seminar, Fordham University School of Law, 2006-2007
- Harvard Law School, J.D. 1969
- Harvard College, A.B. 1966