Fordham University School of Law
140 West 62nd Street
New York, NY 10023
Speaking Engagements• Panel moderator and speaker for “The Monuments Men, Social Media, the Law and Cultural Heritage,” sponsored by the Lawyers Committee for Cultural Heritage Preservation and Fordham Art Law Society (November 2013).
• Radio guest for “Fordham Conversations: Graffiti Art,” 90.7 WFUV, Nov. 14, 2913, recording available at http://www/wfuv.org/fordhamconversations.
• Panelist for “Symposium on the 30th Anniversary of the Cultural Property Implementation Act,” Committee on Art Law, City of the Bar of the City of New York (October 2013).
• Moderator for “Defining Cultural Ownership: Shifting Focus, Shifting Norms,” sponsored by Fordham Law School Intellectual Property Law Journal and the Art Law Society (April 2013).
• Quoted in “Owner Says It’s “Finders, Keepers’ in Case of Stolen Renoir,” Aaron Kase, Lawyers.com, Apr. 24, 2013.
• “Battling to Keep Auction Sellers Anonymous,” Tom Mashberg, N.Y.Times, Feb. 3, 2013 (cited as an “expert on art law”).
• “Legal Perspectives on Seizure and Wartime Looting” for the Annual International Conference for the Association for Research into Crimes against Art (June 2012).
• Panelist for “Art in the Time of Chaos,” sponsored by New York Law School’s Fine Arts and Culture Law Association (April 2012).
• Presenter at the Annual Unlisted Conference, “It’s All in the Packaging: Enhancing Visibility of Archaeological Cultural Heritage Preservation,” hosted by the American Institute for Roman Culture in Rome, Italy (March 2012).
• “The Looting of Spain’s Cultural Heritage Property” for the Annual International Conference for the Association for Research into Crimes against Art (July 2011).
• “Art in Honor of Looting” lecture for Art & War course at Association for Research into Crimes against Art (July 2011).
• Moderator for “Snapshot of Cultural Heritage Law” for the Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Committee of the New York State Bar Association event held at Sotheby’s Institute of Art (June 2011).
• “Cultural Heritage Property Law” lecture for Art Law Seminar at Boston College Law School (March 2011).
• Legal Consultant for “The Mystic Kiss of Mahir Cagri,” a documentary film about the legal issues involving the world’s first internet celebrity and his battle to protect his identity (May 2010).
• “Title and Property” lecture for Art Law Seminar at Boston College Law School (March 2010).